The Suburban Rabbit

You hate me 'cause I eat your flowers and leave pellets all over your yard. But your children love me — they call me "Peter Cottontail", even though I'm a girl. None of you understands me. Maybe this blog will help to educate you all.

Name:
Location: Republic of Texas

Gene Bob tells me that my middle name must be "Bob" if I live in Texas, which I do. And Gene Bob is never wrong. Fortunately, the law according to Gene Bob does *NOT* say that I have to use the nickname "Billy" for my first name. Therefore, since one has to put one's foot down someplace or float off into space, I insist upon using my given first name.

20060818

Final (?) Backyard Update

Just when you can't think of anything else that needs doing, someone shows up and does something really, really, odd.

As you know, the work in the backyard has been the bane / focus of my existence (aside from finding green grass during a drought) for the past few weeks.

I thought everything was done last week, but yesterday the boss-man of the backyard construction crew showed up with what I can only call a wheel-barrel. It was a barrel on its side with a handle attached so that you could roll it around. He filled it with water (is that legal under current water usage rules?) and then pushed it all around the new grass.

Okay.

I have no clue what this thing is for. Was it a lint roller? An iron (like for removing wrinkles from clothes)? An exercise program? I'm perplexed.

Once again I think this will be my last post about the backyard. But who knows, maybe someone will show up tomorrow with iron-on transfers and put them all around the lawn. Or maybe a UFO will hand and make crop circles in the grass.

I'll keep an eye on things for you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gene said...

is this what you saw, Rapunzel?

lawn roller

if so, they're just trying to smooth your lawn, so it won't be all bumpy and junk. it'll be easier on your wee bunny toes. (notice I avoided using the term "rabbit's feet" since that conjures up an image of keychains and such).

8/18/2006 6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home