The Suburban Rabbit

You hate me 'cause I eat your flowers and leave pellets all over your yard. But your children love me — they call me "Peter Cottontail", even though I'm a girl. None of you understands me. Maybe this blog will help to educate you all.

Name:
Location: Republic of Texas

Gene Bob tells me that my middle name must be "Bob" if I live in Texas, which I do. And Gene Bob is never wrong. Fortunately, the law according to Gene Bob does *NOT* say that I have to use the nickname "Billy" for my first name. Therefore, since one has to put one's foot down someplace or float off into space, I insist upon using my given first name.

20060730

Backyard Update 2

The wall got finished on Saturday, but the Gray One is out today doing cleanup stuff. Well, he's moving stuff around. There's concrete dust and sand everywhere, plus rock chips and blobs of concrete. My grass is inedible because of all the dust.

I found out that the head Mexican is actually Brazilian. I overheard him telling the female human that the fence guys would start Tuesday and be done on Wednesday, with the whole "thing" done by the end of the week.

I just hope they wash the grass when they're done.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gene said...

It could be worse, Rapunzel. Be happy they're not remodeling your kitchen. Well, in your case, I guess it *is* your Dining Room.

PS: Be sure to axe the Brazilian how come the local churrascarias (Texas de Brasil; Boi Na Braza; Fogo de Chao) ain't got a drive-thru.

PPS: this dismembers a joak:

--

Donald Rumsfeld is briefing president Bush: “Yesterday, 3 Brazilian soldiers were killed.”

“Oh no!” exclaims the president, “that’s terrible!”

His staff is stunned at this unprecedented display of emotion, watching as Bush sits, head in hands.

Finally, he looks up and asks, “How many is a brazillion?”

---

PPPS: I guessed at your name being Rapunzel. You know, from the famous line "Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hare!"

7/30/2006 5:13 PM  
Blogger Gene said...

Hey, Rapunzel ...

do you see anything which looks like a rotating metal object in Your New Backyard? If so, that's what they call a Barbecue Spit, and I suspect that is Your Future.

just a heads up. If you see one of those, start digging your way out.

8/02/2006 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home