The Suburban Rabbit

You hate me 'cause I eat your flowers and leave pellets all over your yard. But your children love me — they call me "Peter Cottontail", even though I'm a girl. None of you understands me. Maybe this blog will help to educate you all.

Name:
Location: Republic of Texas

Gene Bob tells me that my middle name must be "Bob" if I live in Texas, which I do. And Gene Bob is never wrong. Fortunately, the law according to Gene Bob does *NOT* say that I have to use the nickname "Billy" for my first name. Therefore, since one has to put one's foot down someplace or float off into space, I insist upon using my given first name.

20060512

Goin' to the Prom!

Lots of the older (human) kids around here are talking about going to something called The PROM. I know that curiosity is generally considered to be the domain of cats (and is rumored to be a risky business), but I was interested in finding out more about it. So, of course, I googled prom.

Apparently kids these days are really sophisticated from a high-tech point of view. In fact, they are really into tech and seem to organize big parties around it.
Aside #13-years-old-and-holding: A PROM party seems to be different from a LAN Party. While both involve computer technology, only unpopular males go to LAN Parties while the rest of the population (of a certain age) goes to PROM parties. There appears to be little interaction between the two groups.
And you can't just go to a PROM party, you have to get all dressed up and pay someone with a really nice car to drive you. I think there must be a lot of drinking going on and the hired car is sort of like a designated driver program, only your best friends get to party along with you.

Anyway, they spend so much time planning these PROM parties, and so much money attending them, that they can only afford to do one per year.

But I'm still confused by one thing, while all the talk is about going to the PROM party and what they'll wear and who they're going with and where they'll eat before hand, they never seem to talk about the programs. I'd think that the program in the PROM would be a key feature of a PROM party. Either they're writing programs to store in the PROM or they're running them (in some device), right? I mean, what else can you do with a Programmable Read Only Memory module? I saw a few pictures of PROMs on the web and they all look pretty much alike.

So a PROM party must be about the programs, but I can't find anything on Google about PROM programming in the context of a PROM party. Maybe one of my helpful readers will help me out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gene said...

PROM is "Programmable Read-Only Memory", you silly wabbit.

-g

PS: Tricks are for kids.

5/13/2006 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home