The Suburban Rabbit

You hate me 'cause I eat your flowers and leave pellets all over your yard. But your children love me — they call me "Peter Cottontail", even though I'm a girl. None of you understands me. Maybe this blog will help to educate you all.

Name:
Location: Republic of Texas

Gene Bob tells me that my middle name must be "Bob" if I live in Texas, which I do. And Gene Bob is never wrong. Fortunately, the law according to Gene Bob does *NOT* say that I have to use the nickname "Billy" for my first name. Therefore, since one has to put one's foot down someplace or float off into space, I insist upon using my given first name.

20060728

Still Here

I can't believe it's been over 2 months since my last post! Time flies, as they say, though I can't really say that I've been having fun.

It's been pretty hot lately and no rain to speak of. The humans have cut way back on watering their yard and it's getting kind of brown. As a result I and the other rabbits have been ranging quite a bit looking for the best grass to eat.

And if you're reading this then you're aware of the number of computer patches that have been released lately. I've come to dread "Patch Tuesday" because of all the calls I'll get from my many, many, many relatives who all expect me to update their computers. I've tried to get them to use automated updates, but they just won't do it.

Then, to make matters worse -- much worse -- some guys came by yesterday and knocked down the fence! I know it was a crummy fence, but it did a pretty good job of keeping the dogs out. So I now have the opposite problem from that famous song, namely, Who Let the Dogs IN?

Today the guys seem to be building a stone wall, but it doesn't look tall enough to keep dogs out -- they can jump pretty high, you know.

I'll try to keep you posted as things develop here in the backyard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home