The Suburban Rabbit

You hate me 'cause I eat your flowers and leave pellets all over your yard. But your children love me — they call me "Peter Cottontail", even though I'm a girl. None of you understands me. Maybe this blog will help to educate you all.

Name:
Location: Republic of Texas

Gene Bob tells me that my middle name must be "Bob" if I live in Texas, which I do. And Gene Bob is never wrong. Fortunately, the law according to Gene Bob does *NOT* say that I have to use the nickname "Billy" for my first name. Therefore, since one has to put one's foot down someplace or float off into space, I insist upon using my given first name.

20060806

Backyard Update 4

About 5:30 Friday night a bunch of guys showed up and did some work on the fence and on some pipes under the ground. It only took them about an hour and they were gone.

The boss man came by yesterday morning, just before lunch and left a trailer full of pieces of brick. He talked to the Gray One and they walked all along the fence. I heard the Gray One ask about putting some trim at the bottom of the front gate, but the boss man said he couldn't because it would hit the turf (I think that's grass) when you opened it. That's a relief because the gap under that gate is the only way in or out of the backyard unless you're tall enough to operate the latch.

I have to admit that I'm a bit worried about those brick pieces. I've seen those kids play and if something can be picked up and thrown, it will be. So far they've shown remarkable restraint about throwing things at me, but maybe that's because I'm so hard to see when I keep really, really still. And my zig-zag running makes me a hard target to hit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gene said...

have you ever gnawed on your own leg there, bunny? I'm just wondering if you Taste Like Chicken.

8/06/2006 11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, I'm a herbivore, Fat Boy (I've been reading Beta's blog), so I don't know what chicken tastes like.

Second, why would I gnaw on my own leg?

8/06/2006 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home