The Suburban Rabbit

You hate me 'cause I eat your flowers and leave pellets all over your yard. But your children love me — they call me "Peter Cottontail", even though I'm a girl. None of you understands me. Maybe this blog will help to educate you all.

Name:
Location: Republic of Texas

Gene Bob tells me that my middle name must be "Bob" if I live in Texas, which I do. And Gene Bob is never wrong. Fortunately, the law according to Gene Bob does *NOT* say that I have to use the nickname "Billy" for my first name. Therefore, since one has to put one's foot down someplace or float off into space, I insist upon using my given first name.

20060811

Backyard Update 5

It's been a tough week. There is only one way in and out of the backyard now, and that's under the front gate. It's a tight squeeze for me, so I think it will hold back the cats and dogs, unless the cats decide to climb over. But since there isn't a giant litter box under the tree anymore I think the lazy cats won't bother.

Since Monday there have been people in the backyard nearly every daylight hour, so I haven't been back there much. Instead I've been working from the bushes on the north side of the front door. The Wi-Fi signal is very strong there.

Anyway, the wall and fence seem to be done. They even came and sprayed the fence with a liquid that makes it much darker. A bunch of bricks were piled near the base of the wall and then covered with dirt. Then a different color of dirt was put over the first dirt, and then grass was put in. At least I think it's grass. It's not very green or healthy looking. But I guess it will keep the dirt from blowing away.

The humans watered the dickens out of the dead grass last night. Thursday is their day to water and they made the most of it.

In summary, what used to be one of the best yards to raise a family in is no longer. The grass is all dead and is periodically flooded. Maybe things will be better next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home