The Suburban Rabbit

You hate me 'cause I eat your flowers and leave pellets all over your yard. But your children love me — they call me "Peter Cottontail", even though I'm a girl. None of you understands me. Maybe this blog will help to educate you all.

Name:
Location: Republic of Texas

Gene Bob tells me that my middle name must be "Bob" if I live in Texas, which I do. And Gene Bob is never wrong. Fortunately, the law according to Gene Bob does *NOT* say that I have to use the nickname "Billy" for my first name. Therefore, since one has to put one's foot down someplace or float off into space, I insist upon using my given first name.

20060410

Some Good; Some Bad

Like most weeks, this one was so-so. Not great, but not horrible, either.

On the one hand, the lawn cutter is back, so the yummy grasses which have been sprouting are sure to get a trim soon. On the other hand, the grey one took out the cat litter box, so maybe the cats will stop coming around.

Honestly, I don't know why so many yards around here have cat litter boxes. Children find them irresistible and spend a lot of time playing in them — even keeping a lot of toys in them. Yuck! Who wants to play with toys covered in cat piss or to use their bulldozers to move cat turd boulders around the "construction site"? Well, besides kids.

What that? Yes, it's true that I eat my own poop, but that's different. Grasses are very hard to digest and it takes two passes through my system to get the full nutritional value. The soft, greenish ones aren't waste, they're an intermediate step. I don't eat the hard brownish black ones. That would be disgusting!

But as I was saying, it was a pretty average week. Some good; some bad.

PS. A quick shout-out to Fritz, Annabelle, and Carrie over in the Smith's yard. You should be out of the nest by now. If you aren't, you'd better get out soon 'cause Momma's got a squeeze box, Daddy never sleeps at night. (Sorry, they've been playing the oldies station in the back-yard this weekend.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Gene said...

Hey, TSR .. I spotted this on the "Genetically modified food watch" list on Tribe:

--

My kids like their fruits more when I slice them really thin. And they started to like raw green leafy vegies when I got them a bunny, they just loved and learned from the bunny (wouldn't learn from me) and join the bunny for green meals.

It's all in the marketing.

4/16/2006 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home