The Suburban Rabbit

You hate me 'cause I eat your flowers and leave pellets all over your yard. But your children love me — they call me "Peter Cottontail", even though I'm a girl. None of you understands me. Maybe this blog will help to educate you all.

Name:
Location: Republic of Texas

Gene Bob tells me that my middle name must be "Bob" if I live in Texas, which I do. And Gene Bob is never wrong. Fortunately, the law according to Gene Bob does *NOT* say that I have to use the nickname "Billy" for my first name. Therefore, since one has to put one's foot down someplace or float off into space, I insist upon using my given first name.

20060329

Be Still My Beating Heart!

Well, he did it. The grey one. He scalped the back yard. All those tender greens (I think I heard him call them weeds) are gone and everything else has been hacked to the ground. To look at it, you'd think a herd of goats had been grazing here.

That was Sunday. Here it is Wednesday and I'm just checking in to see if there's enough new growth to sustain me. Well, and to check my email.
Nervous Tick #1: No, GeneBob, I don't do the backstroke. I dog-paddle, though I hate that name and use it only because you'll know what I'm talking about.
The front yard is looking promising, but the back is still too recent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home