The Suburban Rabbit

You hate me 'cause I eat your flowers and leave pellets all over your yard. But your children love me — they call me "Peter Cottontail", even though I'm a girl. None of you understands me. Maybe this blog will help to educate you all.

Name:
Location: Republic of Texas

Gene Bob tells me that my middle name must be "Bob" if I live in Texas, which I do. And Gene Bob is never wrong. Fortunately, the law according to Gene Bob does *NOT* say that I have to use the nickname "Billy" for my first name. Therefore, since one has to put one's foot down someplace or float off into space, I insist upon using my given first name.

20060401

Changes Afoot?

Yesterday I saw the grey one loading the grass cutter into his truck. Did it break? Or is he getting a new one? I hope he isn't hoping to cut the grass even shorter than it is right now.

There have also been a bunch of men wandering around the back yard lately. They keep making measurements and writing down lots of stuff. I wonder what they're doing? I even heard the long haired one say "rabbit" a couple of times. I hope she's making sure that they don't hurt me when they do whatever it is they're planning on doing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gene said...

Maybe they were preparing for Easter?

Although I may not have this 100% right, I understand that on Easter Sunday, YOU (the suburban rabbit) are expected to lay a few dozen brightly colored eggs in the backyard of The Grey One.

It's all tied into a religious ceremony .. I haven't figured out all the details. If you haven't laid those eggs yet, I'd advise you to get started.

4/16/2006 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home