The Suburban Rabbit

You hate me 'cause I eat your flowers and leave pellets all over your yard. But your children love me — they call me "Peter Cottontail", even though I'm a girl. None of you understands me. Maybe this blog will help to educate you all.

Name:
Location: Republic of Texas

Gene Bob tells me that my middle name must be "Bob" if I live in Texas, which I do. And Gene Bob is never wrong. Fortunately, the law according to Gene Bob does *NOT* say that I have to use the nickname "Billy" for my first name. Therefore, since one has to put one's foot down someplace or float off into space, I insist upon using my given first name.

20060324

Brrr!

I've been freezing my fuzzy little cottontail off these past few days.

I had just begun to settle into a nice routine following the human's so-called "spring break" when I started to wonder if I should be looking for a man building a large boat. Perhaps he would like a nice Cottontail or two on board with him. We got 4½ inches of rain in two days. But I heard of some backyards not far from here that got 10" and more in one day!

After it finally stopped raining we had one nice day, and then it got cold and very windy. This morning it actually dropped below freezing. I could tell by the frost all around me when I woke up. Frost is not good for all the tender flowers I like to eat, so I'm keeping my ears crossed and hoping that they're okay.

Anyway, it got pretty nice this afternoon. A little sunshine and only a little breeze.

The only thing still concerning me is the automatic weapon in the tree. I've heard about these things. They're hooked up to a web-cam and an internet site that lets people halfway around the world (or just inside the house) aim the gun and BANG! ... the fur goes flying. So I've been keeping a close eye on it and trying to stay out of its sights.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gene said...

hey, S.R. .. do you know how to do The Backstroke?

3/28/2006 11:27 AM  
Blogger William Bob said...

Backstroke? Isn't that what we humans do to pets? I don't think S.R. would consider herself to be a pet, so I would be surprised if she'd do the backstroke.

3/28/2006 11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home